The statue of St. Bonaventure, together with the sculpture of St. Francis, was created along with the side altar, originally under the invocation of St. Anthony, before 1748. Their production is credited with Piotr Kornecki – the likely creator of all the furnishings of the church in Gdów. In previous literature, the statue was identified with St. Anthony of Padua. The statue most likely depicts St. Bonaventure, since he is holding an open book with the title verse of the responsory in honour of St. Anthony – "Si quaeris miracula," of which this saint was the author. The statue is dressed in a cassock and mozzetta – a clothing corresponding to his honourable position and iconography.
Paulina Kluz, "St. Bonaventure", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-bonaventure