Altar in the chapel

Identifier
DZIELO/12211
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

The altar was created for the side chapel (built in 1865) at the southern wall of the nave of the church in Gdów. The date of its construction can be determined between the creation of the chapel and the creation of the painting "Transfiguration of Jesus" for this reredos in 1872. The altar is in neo-Baroque style, with a relatively simple structure, based on the form of aedicula and relates to the reredoses created in the 17th and 18th centuries.

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Altar in the chapel", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/altar-in-the-chapel

Privacy policy