The ambry was mentioned for the first time in the visitation records from 1596, but it was created slightly earlier, probably in the second quarter of the 16th century. In literature, its creation is associated with the workshop of Bartolomeo Berecci. Although the coat of arms of Prussia is preserved on the ambry, its funder is unidentified. The ambry (almery, aumbry) was a tabernacle in the wall, where the Eucharist was stored, occurring from the 12th century to the beginning of the 17th century.
Paulina Kluz, "Ambry", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/ambry