The origin of this retabulum is associated with the earlier cult of St. Onuphrius in the temple of Gdów. The present altar was recorded in 1748, although the reredos with statues was made in the third quarter of the 18th century. Before 1902, the Lourdes grotto was designed in it, where statues of St. Onuphrius and the the Virgin Mary and Bernadette Soubirous were interchangeably placed. The Lourdes Grottoes imitated the Grotto of Massabielle, where, in 1858, a series of apparitions of Our Lady to Bernadette Soubirous took place.
Paulina Kluz, "Side altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/side-altar-2