The southern side altar was built before 1748 and was originally under the invocation of St. Anthony, which was mentioned in the visitation records from the same year, which include information that it was newly built at that time. Its creation is attributed to Piotr Kornecki's workshop, as well as other elements of architectural and sculptural furnishings in the church. Around the mid-19th century, the altar's invocation was changed into the invocation of Merciful Jesus. The altar represents the aedicula type, which was the most common in the 18th century in Central Europe. The iconography of the whole altar was centered around the statue of St. Anthony of Padua - it was originally under his invocation.
Paulina Kluz, "Side altar ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/side-altar-1