The pulpit was created after a fire in the church in 1718, where previous furnishings of the temple were burnt down. The work refers to a series of pulpits made by Jerzy Hankins, a carpenter and woodcarver operating in Lesser Poland at the end of the 17th and the beginning of the 18th centuries. Since the pulpit in the Wieliczka church was created only after 1718, it was most probably made by one of Hankins' apprentices. The master Hankins died in 1715 or 1716.
Maria Działo, "Pulpit", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/pulpit-41