The high altar in the Church of Reformed Fathers in Wieliczka was created after the church fire in 1718. Before the date of its consecration (1721), it was built from the foundation of the Grabowski and the Luxarowicz families of Wieliczka. It was consecrated along with other reredoses by the Bishop of Kiev, Adam Tarło, on August 28, 1721. In the main area there was an 18th-century crucifix and the image of St. Michael the Archangel in an altar finial, while in 1937, on the sides of the reredos, there were statues of St. Hedwig of Silesia and St. Casimir Jagiellon. The design according to which the work of Wieliczka was created, was also reproduced much later in the church of Reformed Fathers in Cracow, as evidenced by the 1745 contract, signed by wood carver Michał Dobkowski and carpenter Michał Miśkiewicz. These altars are characterised by simplicity and modesty of decoration, while applying monumental architecture. Both altars also meet the requirements of the Order's legislation and the Franciscan tradition glorifying the formal simplicity and modesty of works and the location of the image of Christ Crucified in the main area. The altar was built by artisans: Modest Gronalewicz, Beniamin Groński, Faustyn Gawlikowski and Maksym Ptaszkowski- employed at the construction of the burnt temple.
Maria Działo, "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-39