Side altar

Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz


The altar of St. Francis was funded by Franciszek Leśniowicz, an official of the Pilecki region. It was created before the year 1702, at the workshop of Jerzy Hankis. It was consecrated by Kazimierz Łubieński in 1703. The St. Francis reredos represents the aedicula type. It is similar to other side altars created at Hankis' workshop, such as the reredoses at the Dominican church in Tarnobrzeg or the parish church in Skaryszew attributed to him.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Side altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source:

Privacy policy