Unfortunately, the foundation act of the parish in Inwałd has not been preserved. For the first time the Church in Inwałd was mentioned in sources in the years 1325-1327. Its founder was the royal courtier Zakusius (Jakusz) Ligęza. The previous temple located in the village was a wooden church, according to the "Catalogue of Art Monuments in Poland" built in the first half of the 16th century, around which originally there was a cemetery (later moved). Next to the wooden temple which was extended over time, according to the first chronicler of Inwałd, the local parish priest Jakub Urdzeń, in the years 1747-1750 "Mr Franciszek de Witowice Schwarcenberg-Czerny, the owner of Inwałd, Andrychów, Wieprz, Bestwina and Poręba, castellan Woynicki, builds the present beautiful temple at his own expense." The new church was consecrated in 1756 by the Bishop of Cracow, Franciszek Potkański. The wooden church was demolished in 1850. In addition to the miraculous image of the Blessed Virgin Mary, only a few procession floats were taken from the old church. On July 26, 1885, through verger's fault, there was a fire in the temple, as a result of which part of the furnishing was destroyed, including the high altar and the miraculous image of Our Lady of Inwałd. The renovation works were carried out gradually until 1938. In 1907 the church roof was covered with tiles. In 1919, a terracotta floor was laid inside the church. In the same year, three new bells were hung in the church tower "in the place of those which the Austrians took to war". In 1923 the church was "plastered along with the tower in pale yellowish colour, at the expense of parishioners". From April 17 to August 15, 1928, the interior walls of the church were covered with polychrome. "Painting, which conformed to the style, was beautifully and artistically made (...), thanks to the efforts of the the Right Reverend Canon Józef Capula, the parish priest of the local parish in Inwałd" by a team of Lviv painters Mieczysław Iwanicki, Zdzisław Bojko? and goldsmiths Stefan Bubecki and Franciszek (?) from Lviv, under the direction and according to the designs of Karol Polityński, a painter and professor from Lviv. The works connected with the reconstruction and covering the church tower with sheet metal were carried out in 1932. In 1963, the church in Inwałd was again plastered from the outside by masons from Andrychów – Błasiuk (Błasiożek?) and Kudłacik. In a chronicle from the seventies (1977) it was also mentioned that the church "requires minor repairs". Thanks to the efforts of parish priest Dionizy Gąsiorek, the church was newly covered with Monk and Nun tiles in 1975-1976.
Originally, the hoarding around the church was wooden, "except for the chapels of the 14 Stations of the Cross, which were built by Franciszek Schwarzenberg in 1762. - X Caputa made an iron gate in 1905 and part of a brick front. - X Korzonkiewicz built the rest of the brick hoarding and covered everything with a concrete roof in 1936". - The burial chapel of the Romer family, the 19th century church collators, was built in 1888. Masses are celebrated there several times a year.
Erected in the end of the first half of the 18th century, the parish church in Inwałd is an example of a local noble commission. The architectural form of the temple was inspired by Silesian sacral Baroque architecture of the 18th century.
Paulina Chełmecka, "Church complex Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (church, chapel, church cemetery, fence with chapels with stations of the cross , chapel with a Christ Crucified statue, chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary).", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/church-complex-church-of-the-nativity-of-the-blessed-virgin-mary-church-chapel-church-cemetery-fence-with-chapels-with-stations-of-the-cross-14-chapel-with-a-christ-crucified-statue-chapel-of-our-lady-of-the-rosary