The present church of Our Lady of Consolation in Budzów was built on the site of a wooden church, which burned down on November 28, 1912. It was a church built in the years 1862-1864, and funded by Maurycy Montléart foundation. In its high altar there was a painting of Virgin Mary – a reproduction of the painting from the monastery in Czerna, painted by priest Romuald Parszywka in 1846 (the painting was fortunately saved from fire and is now in the high altar of the new church). After the fire, at the end of 1912 the parish council together with the parish priest Józef Gros decided to build a brick church, which was put up in 1913-1914 by the construction company "Karl Korn" from Bielsko. The starting date for the construction was carved on a foundation stone behind the baptismal font. Since the parish was poor, a collection for its inhabitants was held – each house was to pay an amount equivalent to the value of one cow and spend a certain number of working days at work. The financial support was also provided by Archduke Charles of Austria, the owner of the manor in Budzów. On 5 January 1914, the parish priest Gros was transferred to Sułkowice, and the construction was continued by father Stanisław Szybowski, who at that time was acting as vicar administrator until the parish was taken over by father Stefan Zieliński (on 25 June 1914). The timber used in the construction was sourced from local forests owned by Archduke Charles of Austria and parishioners. The sandstone used in the various elements of the building was extracted from the quarry in Buchtówka in the Krzywy Potok basin and from local quarries. Other building materials were provided by the Korna company. After equipping the church with basic furnishings, bishop Anataol Nowak consecrated the church on May 28, 1924. During the occupation, the bells of the Budzyń temple were melted down. Thanks to the foresightedness of the then parish priest Albin Szwed (1900-1981), it was possible to save the middle-sized bell and the ridge turret which, at that time, was sunk into the manor pond. The polychrome of the church was made by a group of painters from Cracow under the direction of Zygmund Mila in 1954, and cost 200 thousand zlotys. The works lasted for three months.
The present church dedicated to Our Lady of Consolation in Budzów was built on the site of a wooden church, which burned down on November 28, 1912. After the fire, at the end of 1912 the parish council together with the parish priest Józef Gros decided to build a brick church, which was built in 1913-1914 by the construction company "Karl Korn" from Bielsko. The architecture of the church is in Neo-Romanesque style, with a massive tower and small and narrow windows. The interior of the temple is decorated with a wall polychrome made by Zygmunt Mila from Cracow in 1954 in a style referring to Byzantine painting. Individual parts of the interior are separated by monumental, delicately ogival arcades. The arcade style, called "Rundbogenstil", was a German variant of Neo-Romanism, associated with the activities of Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and it was based on Byzantine, Romanesque and Renaissance architecture. The neo-romanesque forms in sacral architecture were particularly popular at the end of the 19th century. Karol Korn (1852-1906) was an architect and builder of Jewish origin who worked mainly in Bielsko. He studied at the Technical University of Karlsruhe and at the Technical University and at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna under the guidance of Heinrich von Ferstel and Theophil von Hansen. He was the founder of the architectural and construction company "Karl Korn", which started its activity in 1882. The company also operated after the death of Karol Korn under its former name, however, it was managed by his son Felix. At that time, after the death of Karol Korn, a church was built in Budzów.
Maria Działo, "Church of Our Lady of Consolation in Budzów", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/church-of-our-lady-of-consolation-in-budzow