Transfiguration of Jesus

Identifier
DZIELO/12214
Category
Picture
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

The painting of the Transfiguration of Jesus was created in 1872 by Wojciech Eljasz, as the main image of the altar located in the side chapel. Nowadays, it is used as a sliding panel. The work of Gdów was modelled on the painting "Transfiguration of Jesus" by Rafael Santi (1516-1520), which is currently housed in the Pinacoteca Vaticana.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Transfiguration of Jesus", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/transfiguration-of-jesus-1

Privacy policy