Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception

Parish
St. Martin's parish in Biskupice
Identifier
DZIELO/12204
Category
Picture
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

Probably in 1854, on the initiative of father Kałczyński and then a vicar, the painting was ordered to Cracovian painter Wojciech Eljasz, who painted it in 1856. The work was ordered in connection with the proclamation of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception of Mary in 1854 by Pius IX. The painting of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception was created according to the painting by Bartolomé Esteban Murillo "La Immaculada de Soult" (also called "Los Venerales," 1660-1665), which is located in the Museo del Prado in Madrid.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/our-lady-of-the-immaculate-conception-16

Privacy policy