The statues of four evangelists were created before 1748, together with the high altar. Their production is attributed to the workshop of Kornecki – the likely creator of all furnishings of the church in Gdów. Saint Luke was a doctor and painter, according to tradition he painted portraits of the Virgin Mary. It wasn't until several years after Jesus' death that Luke converted, was baptized, and then joined St. Paul, accompanying him on journeys. He is the author of one of the Gospels and Acts of the Apostles. In iconography, he is portrayed among four other evangelists, with a book and an image of head of an ox.
Paulina Kluz, "St. Luke the Evangelist", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-luke-the-evangelist