The first church in Wola Radziszowska was mentioned in the years 1325-1327. It was probably a small building built of wood. The existing temple, also a wooden one, was probably built in 1440. The tower was probably built at the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries. Later, the architecture of the temple did not change significantly, while the church's equipment was repeatedly changed. Most likely, in 1636, mannerist side altars were erected (their stones were replaced with newer ones probably in the mid-nineteenth century). It is known that from 1704 they were under the invocations of Crucifixion and Saint. Anne. The high altar is dated to the second half of the 17th century and bears the invocation of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. At present, there is a Gothic painting in this altar depicting the Virgin and Child in the type of Hodegetria, it was placed there after 1703 and before 1727, before it was in the now nonexisting altar of St. Barbara. In 1748, the picture was decorated with a wooden, carved and then silver-plated and gilded dress. Works created in the eighteenth century are the organ prospectus (around 1700) and the pulpit (first half of the eighteenth century). The polychrome adorning the interior of the temple - the representation of the Assumption (on the ceiling of the chancel) and the Transfiguration (on the ceiling of the nave) and all-figure images of the apostles on the walls of the church - it was created in 1893 and probably refers to earlier painting decoration on this subject, which was recorded in sources in 1747. In the nineties of the nineteenth century, the windows of the chancel and naves were transformed, and probably then the current glazing with claret decoration and the representation of St. Stanislas resurrecting Piotrowin (in the window of the chancel). In the 20th century, the church in Wola Radziszowska was renovated many times, which sometimes involved interference with the historic substance of the temple; for example, in 1911 the high altar was renovated and the wall paintings were improved, and in 1933 the portal in the porch under the tower was renovated. In the seventies, the morgue building at the gate in the southeast corner of the fence was demolished. The last comprehensive conservation of the temple took place in the 1990s. At that time, among others, both side altars and the pulpit and baptismal font.
The church in Wola Radziszowska was probably built in 1440. The tower was probably added at the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries. Later, the architecture of the temple did not change significantly. The building is an example of a small, single-nave and single-tower, late gothic wooden temple with a log structure typical of southern Lesser Poland. Noteworthy are the furnishings of the temple, representing different eras and styles. Its oldest elements include a gothic painting placed in the baroque high altar depicting the Madonna and the Child in the Hodegetria type dated about 1460 and a crucifix kept in the late Gothic tradition placed on a rood beam. Mannerist side altars bearing the invocation of Saint Anne and the Crucifixion were probably made in 1636. On the walls and ceilings of the temple there is a polychrome with figural motifs made in 1893 in place of an older painting decoration on the same themes.
Justyna Kuska, "Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/church-of-the-assumption-of-the-blessed-virgin-mary