Bell tower

Identifier
DZIELO/12147
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

Between 1899 and 1903, during Karol Guzkiewicz's ministration years, a completely new bell tower was erected during the renovation of the church. Towerless churches were usually accompanied by free-standing bell towers. The main task of the bell tower was to house the bells, but often its ground floor also served as a warehouse.

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz, "Bell tower", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/bell-tower-7

Privacy policy