Bell tower

Parish
Our Lady of Częstochowa parish in Gorzków
Identifier
DZIELO/12501
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The bell tower was created in 1958. The building in its appearance refers to the 17th century bell towers (older examples are not known). The towers were built as square buildings, with sloping walls, with overhung starling, bell attic which made them look like medieval, fortified forms. Thanks to that their character was determined as gothic. It was also highlighted by the tent-like or pyramid spire, which was also reconstructed in the belfry in Gorzków.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Bell tower", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/bell-tower-5

Privacy policy