In 1887 the plans for the church were prepared, but its construction didn't start until 1902 – the 300th anniversary of the founding of the monastery and church in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska – and was completed in 1908. Most of the work was done in 1906 - the walls were built and painted, the church and cellars were arched, a concrete floor was made and then the floor was laid, windows were glazed, the loft was arranged and the pulpit was erected. Bells were purchased in 1908, and then in 1911, the pews and confessionals were bought, and the sacristy, which was furnished in the following year, was built. In 1923 an oak balustrade was purchased and placed in front of the high altar, and, a year later, finishing of the façade started. At that time Józef Merenda, a builder from Podgórze, prepared a plan to extend the church with side chapels - the right one was built in the same year, the left one in the following year.
The church designs were prepared in 1887 but the church was being built over the period of 1902-1908. The one-nave design of the temple was extended in the twenties of the twentieth century with the side chapels, in accordance with the designs of Józef Merenda. The church is a construction in an eclectic style. The high altar from around the year 1700, transferred to the present location from the church in Limanowa, is the most precious relic of the temple and the polychrome of the Art Nouveau inspirations with the Art decó elements also deserves to be valued.
Agata Felczyńska, "The church of St. Joseph", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/the-church-of-st-joseph