High altar

Parish
Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
Identifier
DZIELO/14364
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The high altar of the church in Kalwaria was made around the year 1700 and originates from the former furnishings of the wooden church in Limanowa. It uses the scheme, typical for its time, of a modern altar based on the aedicula shape and is decorated with the leaf-branched and carved decorations which support the dating period. The altar of similar construction and decoration may be observed in the church of St. Martin in Klikuszowa.

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "High altar ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-23

Privacy policy