The Parish Church of St. Bartholomew was first mentioned in 1325-1327. It was built together with the St. Nicholas Chapel in 1604 and consecrated in 1608 by the Cracovian suffragan, Paweł Dąbski. In the first half of the 19th century, a nave was extended and a western porch was added. In 1929, a new chancel was built in place of the demolished one and a transept nave was created on the basis of Franciszek Mączyński's plans. In 1954-1955, Tadeusz Brzozowski created a tempera figural polychrome. In 1975, another reconstruction according to the plans of the architect Wanda Łopatowa took place. In 1979, the church was electrified, heating was installed, altars were painted and renovated, new sacristy furnishings were added. In 1993, the interior was painted and a polychrome of the chancel was renovated. In 2001-2007, external elevations were renovated and a roof was repaired.
The church along with the chapel of St. Nicolas were made of bricks in 1604 with the funds of Mikołaj Borek from Trzciniec. In the first half of the nineteenth century, the nave was extended and the western porch was annexed, and in 1929 it was rebuilt in accordance with the designs of Franciszek Mączyński and in 1975 according to the designs by Wanda Łopatowa. The high altar from around the year 1700 along with the reredos made from the openwork-covered wine leaves, the Mannerist side altar and the seventeenth-century baptismal font, created in the workshop of Santi Gucci, are the most interesting relics of the church.
Agata Felczyńska , "The Church of St. Bartholomew in Mogilany", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/the-church-of-st-bartholomew-in-mogilany