Wall polychrome in side chapel

Parish
Giebułtów
Identifier
DZIELO/13257
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The polychrome of the chapel in the Church of Saint Giles in Giebułtów was probably created in the first half of the 17th century, however, it was not discovered until 1936 during renovation works. The set of paintings show a provincial character combined with new iconographic formulas and Dutch patterns of ornaments, painted canopies and fruit bunches. An interesting element are the motifs of Arma Christi decorating the arcade arch and the image of the patron of the church - Saint Giles - on the southern wall.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Wall polychrome in side chapel", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/wall-polychrome-in-side-chapel

Privacy policy