The church was built in 1650 (information that it was built around 1657, in 1670 or in 1675 can also be found). It was built from a peasant foundation, and the founders included village leader Jakub Less (Kesz) and miller Mikołaj. It is mentioned in sources that around 1700 the church was under the invocation of St. Sebastian only, had one altar (in honour of the patron saint) and one bell. In 1731 it was already under double invocation – of St. Fabian and St. Sebastian – and two additional side altars were built in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Saint John the Baptist. In 1741 Jurgów became an independent parish. In 1780 there were still three altars in the church, but instead of Saint John the Baptist, St. John the Evangelist was mentioned. The building was extended in 1811 (or 1813) and 1869. In 1813 a polychrome was made, which was completely repainted by Kazimierz Piętek in the years 1937-1938. In 1935 the building was raised by half a meter and placed on a stone pedestal covered with a roof shingle, then the sacristy, St. Joseph's chapel and the western vestibule were built, floors were replaced and windows were enlarged. In 1965, new choir-stalls were installed, steel-clad tabernacle was purchased, floors were changed, bars were placed on windows, and roofs were covered with new, impregnated shingles. In 1978 the church was insulated, and in the 1980s Andrzej Gombos made a new baptismal font. Since 2003 the church has been renovated, the electrical system, heating, windows and doors have been replaced, and new floors have been laid. In the years 2004-2005, altars were renovated and a new floor was laid in St. Joseph's chapel. In 2006 Arkadiusz and Roma Wiater from Cracow, together with their son Krzesimir, painted a polychrome in St. Joseph's chapel, and a new door was inserted into the church. A year later, the above-mentioned artists renewed the polychrome in the remaining part of the church. In 2009 the high altar was renovated.
The church in Jurgów was built in 1650 and was created thanks to a peasant foundation. The architecture of the temple was based on the late gothic church of the Lesser Poland type, extended twice in 1811 and 1869 and expanded in 1935. In the chancel and the nave there are three altars made by Kežmarok sculptor Johann Feeg and painter Imrich Jagušič, operating in Spišská Sobota, whose style can be described as East Slovak Rococo. The polychrome covering all the walls was made in the years 1937-1938 by Cracovian professor Kazimierz Piętka.
Agata Felczyńska, "St. Sebastian's Parish Church in Jurgów", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-sebastians-parish-church-in-jurgow