High altar

Place
Jurgów
Parish
Jurgów
Identifier
DZIELO/14269
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The high altar was set before 1773. The structure and sculptures, excluding the statue of the Virgin Mary, were created by the sculptor from Kežmarok – Johann Feeg. A painting on the sliding panel and in the altar finial was made by Imrich Jagušič operating in Spišská Sobota. The reredos was made in the style of the Spis Rococo and is characterised by the exceptional decorativeness of the forms highlighted by mirrors filling the main niche.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-22

Privacy policy