St. Mark

Identifier
DZIELO/09212
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The sculpture of Saint Mark was made during the parish priest Stanisław Osuchowski's years of ministration (1852-1865) and placed in a niche of the wall of the Morsztyn chapel. It is characterised by a highly simplified, schematic form, still drawing on the Baroque tradition. The average quality of creation indicates that the sculpture is an example of provincial production.

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "St. Mark", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-mark

Privacy policy