St. John the Evangelist

Identifier
DZIELO/09209
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Agata Felczyńska

Abstract

The sculpture of Saint John was made during the office of parish priest Stanisław Osuchowski in 1852-1865 and placed in a niche of the walls of the Morsztyn chapel. It is characterised by a highly simplified, schematic form, still drawing on the Baroque tradition. The low quality of creation indicates that the sculpture is an example of provincial production.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Agata Felczyńska, "St. John the Evangelist", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-john-the-evangelist-5

Privacy policy