St. Joseph's side altar

Parish
Nativity of Saint John the Baptist parish in Korzkiew
Identifier
DZIELO/14520
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The altar was built around 1700. It is an example of breaking with the existing convention of construction of altar structures, in which the use of architectural orders was abandoned for extensive frame with very lush acanthus weaves. In the main area there is a painting depicting the Annunciation, on the sliding panel one can see Saint Joseph, on the left there are images of Saint Helena and Saint Sebastian, and on the right there are images of Saint Barbara and Saint Roch. In the finial on the axis there is a picture of Saint Francis.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "St. Joseph's side altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-josephs-side-altar-2

Privacy policy