The altar was built in the second quarter of the 17th century, probably at the same time as the high altar (between 1630 and 1651) and a side altar standing on the other side of the chancel arch. The work is a typical example for this period of the altar structure characterised by a simple, uniaxial form, richly decorated in an auricular style. The main area contains the Ecce Homo painting, on the sliding panel there is the image of St. Anthony of Padua, in the predella there is the painting depicting the Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, and in the altar finial there is the painting of Christ at the pillar. The culmination also includes sculptures of Saint Dorothy, Saint Nicholas and Saint Joseph at the top. The image of Merciful Jesus has long enjoyed great worship in the Korzkiew temple, as evidenced by repeated records in episcopal and chapter visitations from the 17th century.
Maria Działo, "Ecce Homo side altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/ecce-homo-side-altar