The side altar was built in the second quarter of the 17th century, probably in the same time as the high altar (between 1630 and 1651) and the side altar standing on the other side of the chancel arch. The work is a typical example for this period of the altar structure characterised by a simple, uniaxial form, richly decorated in an auricular style. Unfortunately, the authorship of the altar is not known. In the main area there is a painting of Our Lady of the Snows, a modern canvas showing the Heart of Jesus on the sliding panel, a representation of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in a predella, and a painting of the Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the altar finial. The finial also includes sculptures of Raphael the Archangel, Saint John and Saint Michael the Archangel at the top.
Maria Działo, "Side altar of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/side-altar-of-the-most-sacred-heart-of-jesus-1