The altar was built in the 19th century. The Divine Mercy Image was placed in the main area of the altar, and a painting of St. Faustyna Kowalska was installed in the altar final; both paintings come from the first half of the 20th century. The iconography of the altar is devoted to Divine Mercy, one of the most important God's virtues in the Christian theology. Christ revealed the key role of this truth to St. Faustyna Kowalska when he recurrently appeared from July 28, 1934 to June 1938.
Maria Działo, "Side altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/side-altar-40