Originally, the altar invoked Saint John the Baptist. In 1936, the invocation was changed to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, after which a painting and then a sculpture of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus was exhibited in 1965. The niche for the sculpture was designed by Wiktor Zin, a Cracovian architect. The antependium was made by J. Woliński according to project by Wiktor Zin. The structure of the altar is based on models which had been developed in modern art.
Maria Działo, "Right side altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/right-side-altar-2