A cemetery, dating back to the turn of the 11th and 12th centuries, was discovered in Giebułtów. At that time, the St. Giles Church was funded by Władysław Herman or one of his knights. The parish might have been officially founded in the 13th century. At the beginning of the 14th century, the village and the church were destroyed and plundered by supporters of the bishop of Cracow, Muskata, who was in dispute with Władysław the Elbow-high. In the documentation of these sad events, written up after 1306 by the Archbishop of Gniezno – Jakub Świnka, the parish in Giebułtów was mentioned for the first time. It was found later also in the Peter's pence lists for the years 1325-1327. Probably just after the plundering of the village, its foundation was carried out under German law. In 1352, the first personal mention of the owner of Giebułtów, Jan Syrokomla, appeared in Cracow's land registers. Throughout the 14th and 15th centuries, knights' property in the village was subject to fragmentation – sometimes even five owners were recorded at the same time. The leaders among them were the representatives of the Wężyk family (having the right to take the patronage over the parish church since 1440), together with the descendants of mentioned at that time Mikołaj of the Berszten coat of arms (using the second name belonging to the Giebułtowski family), as well as the heirs of Jan Syrokomla, whose main residence was located in nearby Korzkiew. Kasper Giebułtowski was mentioned as the heir of the village and the church's collator in the episcopal visitation record from 1598. In 1600-1604, a new parish church, funded by Jakub and Barbara Tomaszewscy, was erected. In the 17th century, Sebastian Zacherle (a burgher, merchant and councillor of Cracow) was mentioned as the owner of Giebułtów. In 1727, the owners of the manor farm in Giebułtów and the collators of the parish church were Cracovian Visitandines. They served until the World War II. During the Partitions of Poland, the village was part of the Habsburg Empire. In 1817-1815, it became a part of the Duchy of Warsaw, and after the Congress of Vienna – the Republic of Cracow. After 1846, the inhabitants of the village became subjects of the emperor again. After the World War II, the Visitandines' estate was nationalised and partly returned to them in the 1970s. The Complex of Agricultural Schools, which exists until today, was erected on the remaining part of the former monastery estates.
Emilia Karpacz, "Giebułtów", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2024, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/places/giebultow-1