The polychrome of the Church of Saint Giles in Giebułtów was created around the mid-17th century, however, it was not discovered until 1936 during renovation works. The set of paintings presents a provincial character combined with new iconographic formulas and Dutch patterns of ornaments, painted canopies and fruit bunches. The novelties are representations of the post-Trent saints: Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Saint Charles Borromeo, and above all Saint John Canthius, canonized only in 1767. Interesting scenes also include the depiction of etimasia, or an empty throne on the north wall, and the martyrdom of Saint Adalbert on the south wall.
Maria Działo, "Nave wall polychrome", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/nave-wall-polychrome