St. Hyacinth of Poland (sculpture)

Identifier
DZIELO/03086
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The sculpture of Saint Hyacinth along with the entire side altar was made for the newly-built church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Krzeszów around the year 1903 in the sculpture workshop of Tyrolean sculptor Ferdinand Stuflesser. The funder of the work was a parish priest of the parish in Krzeszów, father Michał Bochenek. Stuflesser depicted Saint Hyacinth in a Dominican clothes with traditional items in his hand: the monstrance and figure of Virgin Mary, the so called Madonna of St. Hyacinth

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "St. Hyacinth of Poland (sculpture)", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-hyacinth-of-poland-sculpture

Privacy policy