The painting "St. Hyacinth of Poland" was painted in 1945 by Stefan Chmiel, a Wieliczka-based painter who also taught in local schools. The painting was placed in the finial of Our Lady of Perpetual Help altar. This took place during the conservation of the altars in the Franciscan church, during which a part of the paintings was replaced with new ones. Originally, the altar finial was fitted with an image of St. Joseph. St. Hyacinth was presented in a traditional iconographic manner, as a Dominican monk holding his attributes in his hands: a monstrance and a Virgin Mary statue, the so-called Hyacynth's Virgin Mary, which refer to a legend connected with the Saint's life.
Maria Działo, "St. Hyacinth of Poland", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/st-hyacinth-of-poland-5