The sculpture of Joseph was created at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. It was placed on the left side of the side altar which originally invoked Saint John the Baptist. In 1936, the invocation of the altar was changed to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Joseph is presented in his traditional iconographic type, holding Infant Jesus on his hands to depict his role as the Saviour's guardian and protector, and with a white lily in his hand to symbolise chastity.
Maria Działo, "Sculpture of St. Joseph and the Child", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/sculpture-of-st-joseph-and-the-child