The pulpit was created by Cracovian artisan Franciszek Maćkowski in 1922, thanks to foundation of Jan Zawiła (habitant of Zembrzyce). The artisan was permanently employed at the St. Mary’s Basilica together with Leon Wiadrowski - a specialist in the field of gilding, Józef Wołowski - a painter, Jan Oremus - a locksmith and Marcin Korolla - a carpenter. According to an alphabetical census concerning the population of Cracow, the sculptor lived at the following street: św. Gertrudy 5, and according to the census in 1932, at Wrzesińska 11. Maćkowski is also the author of the high altar at the Church of St. John the Baptist in Zembrzyce.
Maria Działo, "Pulpit", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/pulpit-58