High altar

Parish
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Racławice Olkuskie
Identifier
DZIELO/06034
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The high altar is an example of the 18th century altar structure. In the middle area there is a painting of Our Lady of the Snows which was brought to Racławice from Olkusz in 1666 by father Krzysztof Tyliszowski. On the other hand, there is a painting of James the Apostle in a sliding panel, probably commissioned by the funder of the altar - father Jakub Kossecki.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-38

Privacy policy