Crucifix

Parish
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Racławice Olkuskie
Identifier
DZIELO/13822
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

Abstract

The wooden crucifix dated to 1703, funded by father Andrzej Strzałkowski, the parish priest in Racławice in 1684-1704. The sculpture of unknown attribution characterised by sublime modeling, with clearly underlined anatomy with a perizoma tightened with a rope. A supplementation of the scene is the painting in the background presenting the Group of Crucifixion: Virgin Mary and Saint John the Evangelist.

Persons related to work

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Crucifix", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/crucifix-50

Privacy policy