The high altar was erected in 1731 during the reconstruction of the church in Gorenice carried out by Michał Stanisław Tarnowski and his wife Róża Sciborówna of Rylsko. At least until 1935, on a sliding panel of the reredos there was a painting depicting Madonna and a Child (Eleusa icon type), now replaced by the image of St. Nicholas. The work has late baroque features with elements of band ornamentation (grid ornament, campanulas). It was made in one of the wood carving workshops operating in the second quarter of the 18th century in Lesser Poland. Unfortunately, in the current state of knowledge, the author of the work cannot be unknown.
Justyna Kuska, "High altar ", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-20