High altar

Identifier
DZIELO/06705
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Józef Skrabski

Abstract

The high altar was created around 1645 and funded by the owner of the city, Łukasz Opaliński, and parish priest Józef Stradowski. It was made by Georg Zimmermann, one of the most outstanding wood carvers operating in Wroclaw, Jasna Góra and Cracow. However, the design might have been ordered by Opaliński to royal architect Giovanni Battista Gisleni, who created similar reredoses of Roman origin for Polish clients from the surroundings of the king and his court.

How to cite?

Józef Skrabski, "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-2

Privacy policy