The crucifix was probably made in the first half of the 16th century. According to Marian Kornecki, the emaciated body of Christ rigidly stretched on the cross and a short perizoma with sharply breaking draperies are features of late gothic art and correspond to the time of construction of the Paczółtowice temple built around 1515. The sculpture should be included in the original furnishings of the church - placing the image of the Crucified on the rood beam was one of the mandatory elements in every temple. The sculpture until the renovation from 1819-1820 was on a late gothic rood beam located at the base of the chancel arch of the church in Paczółtowice. At that time, the gothic beam was replaced with a new one, and then a crucifix from 1839-1847 was inserted in place of the sculpture in question, which is still there today.
Justyna Kuska, "Crucifix", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/crucifix-9