Church under the invocation of Saint Anthony of Padua in Trybsz

Place
Trybsz
Parish
Trybsz
Identifier
DZIELO/14294
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Maria Działo

History of work

The church of Saint Anthony in Trybsz was built in 1900-1904 due to efforts of father Michał Nyulasse. The church was blessed in 1904. The interior furnishings, the high altar and two side altars, as well as a series of paintings and sculptures: a painting of St. Elisabeth and two "wings" of a triptych from the 16th century, pulpit's backboard, Baroque baptismal font and a bell with the scene of crucifixion (funded by Walenty Trepski in 1629), were transferred from the old church. Baroque high altar dates back to the third decade of the 18th century and two side altars were probably made in the 19th century. In 1934, father Wilhelm Jan built new, masonry rectory with the help of local people. In 1946, the parish of Trybsz was included in the administration of FPO (Franciscans of Primitive Observance) from Cracow. The administrator of the parish was father Tadeusz Czerwień, who placed a new altar in the church for Saint Anthony of Padua. In 1957, upon request of Archbishop Eugeniusz Baziak, the administration of parish in Trybsz was taken by Cistercians from the Mogiła abbey. Upon request of father Augustyn Ciesielski, father Bogumił Salwiński was appointed as the parish administer. During that time, a variety of renovation works were carried out in the temple: land around the church was drained, the temple coping was reinforced, electrical wiring was installed and the walls of the new temple were decorated with polychrome. A wide range of works were carried out near the old, wooden church.

Abstract

The church of Saint Anthony in Trybsz was built in 1900-1904 due to efforts of father Michał Nyulasse. The church was blessed in 1904. The interior furnishings, the high altar and two side altars, as well as a series of paintings and sculptures: a painting of Saint Elisabeth and two wings of triptych from the 16th century, pulpit's backboard, baroque baptismal font and also a bell with a plaque of Crucifixion (funded by Walenty Trepski from 1629), were moved from the old church. Baroque high altar dates back to the third decade of the 18th century and two side altars were probably made in the 19th century. In 1934, father Wilhelm Jan built new, masonry rectory with the help of local people. In 1946, the parish of Trybsz was included in the administration of FPO (Franciscans of Primitive Observance) from Cracow. The administrator of the parish was father Tadeusz Czerwień, who placed a new altar in the church for Saint Anthony of Padua. In 1957, upon request of archbishop Eugeniusz Baziak, the administration of parish in Trybsz was taken by Cistercians from the Mogiła abbey. Upon request of father Augustyn Ciesielski, father Bogumił Salwiński was appointed as the parish administer. During that time, a variety of renovation works were carried out in the temple: land around the church was drained, the temple coping was reinforced, electrical wiring was installed and the walls of the new temple were decorated with polychrome. A wide range of works were carried out near the old, wooden church.

How to cite?

Maria Działo, "Church under the invocation of Saint Anthony of Padua in Trybsz", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/church-under-the-invocation-of-saint-anthony-of-padua-in-trybsz

Privacy policy