The first church in Krzęcin was already completed in the 14th century and was listed in the census of Peter's Pence from 1325-1327, and then mentioned by Jan Długosz in "liber beneficiorum". In the 16th century it was already so destroyed that it was not fit for use, therefore, in 1589 it was replaced by a new temple. In the visitation records of cardinal Jerzy Radiwiłł of 23 December 1598, it is stated that the church was dedicated to the Assumption of Mother of God and there were three altars inside. The building was also quickly destroyed, and in 1700 the Norbertines who owned this land sought permission to build a new one. The founder of the new church was abbess of the Norbertine monastery in Zwierzyniec, Zofia Urbańska. Some of the elements preserved from the previous temple were used, such as the sacristy portal closed with a semicircular arch, the baptismal font and the painting of Our Lady and the Child preserved in the main altar. Altogether, three altars were placed in it, and the wooden temple on the wall base was consecrated in 1703 by Bishop Kazimierz Łubieński. The fourth altar dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk was built in 1749. In 1772, the area was taken away from the Norbertine sisters and became the property of the Austrian state. In 1795, it was bought by Marcin Alojzy Haller, after which the area was administered by the Gunther family. Due to the growing number of the faithful, the church was extended in 1886 as designed by J. Niedźwiecki: the bell tower was demolished, the three-nave western part, the loft and the two-tower façade were added. The altars, the confessionals and the baptismal font were brought from the old temple. In 1887, the church was consecrated by Bishop Albin Dunajewski. At that time, perhaps by mistake, the church changed its name to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In 1952, the ceiling and walls were covered with figural, ornamental and plant polychromies.
The altars and polychromes were renovated in 1998-2003.
The present church was built around 1700 and expanded in 1886, the author of the expansion project was J. Niedźwiecki. The facade of the church is distinguished by two massive "pre-slavic" towers. The oldest architectural element of the church is a wooden portal leading from the chancel to the sacristy, while the oldest movable monument from 1520 depicts the Madonna and the Child and the unused stone baptismal font. The church lies on the Wooden Architecture Trail.
Agata Felczyńska, "Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/church-of-the-nativity-of-the-blessed-virgin-mary-1