The paintings were created in the Cracovian workshop around 1460. Between 1641 and 1665, a floral decoration was made in the backgrounds' mortars, radius of Mary's halo was reduced and crowns of holy virgins - engraved in mortars - were formed. Three small figures were painted in the lower part of the central field – Katarzyna (née Jordan) Brzechwina, then patroness of the church in Trzemeśnia, her daughters and her son Rafał). The painting of Madonna and the Child represents a Cracovian Hodegetria, based on the pattern of the so called Our Lady of Piekary. The way of painting holy virgins and bishops corresponds to the Lesser Poland painting from the years 1450-1470.
Paulina Kluz, "Triptych with paintings of the Madonna with the Child and St. Catherine and St Barbara (obverse), St. Nicholas and St. Stanislaus (reverse)", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/triptych-with-paintings-of-the-madonna-with-the-child-and-st-catherine-and-st-barbara-obverse-st-nicholas-and-st-stanislaus-reverse