The chapel was built in 1868 on the site of the previous one, taken by the Świątnik stream. Until erection of the parish church in Gorzków, it served as a mass chapel. Since 1909, father Stanisław Hałatek of Wieliczka has been visiting the chapel to offer Holy Mass. The statue of St. John of Nepomuk placed inside comes from 1875 and the statue of Our Lady from 1881. Both were made of limewood. Their author is unknown. It is a chapel in a form of house. Usually such chapels were made by the funders themselves or by local craftsmen employed by them.
Maria Działo, "The chapel of Madonna of Częstochowa in Gorzków", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/the-chapel-of-madonna-of-czestochowa-in-gorzkow