Stations of the Cross

Place
Gaj
Parish
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Gaj
Identifier
DZIELO/01256
Category
Picture
Amount
14
Catalogue note author
Paulina Kluz

Abstract

In 1868, parish priest Tomasz Lesniak canonically established the Way of the Cross service, therefore, the stations must have been created before that year. Fourteen crosses or paintings illustrating the stages of Christ's Passion, from Pilate's judgment to Jesus' body being placed in the tomb, form the Stations of the Cross. The faithful pass through all the stations and receive indulgences.

How to cite?

Paulina Kluz , "Stations of the Cross", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2022, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/stations-of-the-cross-13

Privacy policy