Pair of Angels

Place
Łazany
Parish
Holy Cross parish in Łazany
Identifier
DZIELO/03534
Amount
2
Catalogue note author
Justyna Kuska

Abstract

The altar, which includes the sculptures in question, was most probably created in the second quarter of the 18th century and comes from the parish church in Wadowice. In 1899, on the initiative of Franciszek Błachut – a resident of Wadowice –and parish priest in Łazany, the reredos along with the second late baroque altar (non-preserved) was moved to the temple in Łazany. The altar in question and its sculptural decoration is the late baroque work.

How to cite?

Justyna Kuska, "Pair of Angels", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2023, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/pair-of-angels-2

Privacy policy