Ambry

Place
Łazany
Parish
Holy Cross parish in Łazany
Identifier
DZIELO/03527
Amount
1
Catalogue note author
Justyna Kuska

Abstract

The ambry in question was created at the end of the 16th century and has renaissance features. Inscription in capital letters, found in the frezie, was derived form the Eucharistic hymn "Lauda Sion", composed by St. Thomas Aquinas. The "MM" initials placed below may refer to Maciej of Mokrsko, who had held the position of a parson in Łazany since 1595.

Similar works

By title

By category

How to cite?

Justyna Kuska, "Ambry", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source:  https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/ambry-1

Privacy policy