The oldest polychrome fragments originate from around the year 1500. They were subsequently used to board the walls and ceilings of the front ante-church and were discovered during the renovation in 1932. Its fragments may be seen on the atrium ceiling before the tower, the rood beam and the choir sill, though, in most cases it is a reconstruction. Remaining parts were made in 1935 by Władyslaw Cichoń, Adam Dobrzański and Eugeniusz Pisarek.
Agata Felczyńska , "Polychrome", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/polychrome