The altar in question is a work of undetermined authorship, whose creation dates back to the second half of the 17th century (or more precisely, to the fourth quarter of this century). The form of the reredos indicates that it was established in the second half of the 17th century and represents the features of early baroque wood carving. The altar now houses the gothic image of Madonna and Child in the Hodegetria type. It was placed there between 1703 and 1727. Earlier in this place, there was a painting depicting the Assumption of Mary. This image was then transferred to one of the side altars. It is currently exhibited in the temple porch. This painting is dated 1674. It can be assumed that the discussed reredos was created at the same or similar time.
Justyna Kuska, "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-5