The altar was built in the third quarter of the 18th century probably by the workshop of the Kornecki family. In the fourth quarter of the 18th century, statues of St. Vaclav and St. Florian were placed on both sides of the reredos. The architecture of the high altar in Niepołomice and its sculptural decoration correspond to a formal repertoire used by the workshop of the Kornecki family. The use of radiant aureole in the altar finial part along with spiral column shafts was most probably inspired by the high altar located in St. Anne's church in Cracow, created by Baltazar Fontana in the years 1695 - 1701, even though the elaborate sculptural scene in the altar finial part constitutes a completely new work that has no comparison in the region of Lesser Poland.
Paulina Kluz , "High altar", [in:] "The Sacred Lesser Poland Heritage", 2021, source: https://sdm.upjp2.edu.pl/en/works/high-altar-36